2023 Social Media Marketing Predictions
by Shannon Hinderberger
The world of social media is constantly evolving, and 2023 is likely to bring a number of significant changes and developments in the realm of social media marketing. Here are a few key predictions for the coming year:
1. The rise of ephemeral content: Short-form, quick content, such as video stories and live videos, are becoming increasingly popular on social media thanks to TikTok and Instagram Reels. Video is no longer an option for small business owners and brands. In 2023, we can expect to see more businesses using these formats to connect with their audience and share engaging, timely content.
2. Branding is still trending toward personal branding. Consumers trust people NOT brands. If you don’t have a face of your company, it’s time to step up to the plate.
3. Growing importance of user-generated content. More and more consumers are turning to social media and other online platforms to share their thoughts and experiences with products and brands. As a result, businesses need to focus on fostering a community of loyal customers who are willing to share their experiences and provide valuable feedback. This can involve using social media to engage with customers, encouraging them to share their thoughts and experiences, and using customer reviews and testimonials in marketing efforts.
4. Generation Z are searching social media platforms like TikTok and Instagram over Google. Social media managers and consultants will not add search engine optimization specialists to their list of duties. TikTok has a strong focus on trends and viral content, which may be more appealing to younger users who are looking for the latest and hottest information. In contrast, Google may be perceived as more stodgy and traditional, and may not be as effective at surfacing the most popular and current content.
5. Increased use of AI and automation: Artificial intelligence and automation technologies are becoming more sophisticated and affordable, making them increasingly accessible to businesses of all sizes. While it’s still early to say, ChatGPT may disrupt the way content is written. In using the platform, it’s missing personality and creativity. In 2023, we can expect to see more companies using AI and automation tools to manage their social media presence and create personalized marketing campaigns.
6. The growth of social commerce: Social media platforms are becoming more integrated with e-commerce functionality, making it easier for businesses to sell their products directly to their customers. In 2023, we can expect to see more companies using social media as a primary sales channel, with the ability to easily display and sell products on platforms like Instagram and Facebook. We will see if TikTok takes the hint and heads that way. It may need to in order to survive.
7. Increased focus on privacy and security: In the wake of numerous high-profile data breaches and privacy scandals, social media users are becoming more concerned about their online privacy and security. In 2023, we can expect to see social media platforms placing a greater emphasis on protecting user data and giving users more control over their privacy settings.
Overall, 2023 is likely to bring a number of significant changes and developments in the world of social media marketing. Businesses will need to stay on top of these trends in order to remain competitive and effective in their social media marketing efforts.
Do you need help with social media marketing in 2023? Give DASH a call!
DASH Content Co.
Marketing, Strategy, Design, UGC and Content
115 NW Oregon Ave, #7, Bend OR 97703
Monday - Thursday 9am - 4pm
Reach out anytime and we'll get back to you!
Sign up to get Dash Notes
Our marketing trends and tips newsletter: