Are you resonating, reusing and posting a CTA?
by Darlene Veenhuizen
#1. Who is the audience?
Will it resonate with them? Keep your audience persona or ideal customer in mind when you are writing your post. If you read back through your blog, do you imagine them liking what you wrote? Would they share it with their friends or their audience? Are you giving them something they can learn from or be inspired by?
#2. What is your call to action?
If you are unsure of what your CTA should be, here’s a few tricks to inspire you:
- Ask them a question at the end. Questions like: do they agree with your point of view on the blog? Are they planning on implementing what you are suggesting?
- Show them another relevant piece of content to encourage them to stay on your site longer. Google likes it when our site visitors stick around – give them a reason to stay by serving up another interesting or related post! You can manually link to related content or use a plugin to suggest “relevant posts” at the bottom of a post page.
#3. How will you repourpose this content?
The last thing (and maybe the most important in terms of content creation) in what ways can you repurpose the content you are creating? See our post about why you need a marketing plan! You don’t want to be on the hamster wheel of content creation. Give your blog/email/recipe or video a forever life! Re-purpose or reformat it to be published somewhere else, either in the same month, or again at another time in your marketing plan within the next 3-6 months. Some examples of this might be:
- Using a blog post to create 5 social media posts.
- Using a Reel on Instagram and then posting it to your YouTube channel.
- Creating an Ebook from an email series and offering it for sale on your site.
There are SO MANY ways to reuse and repurpose content, I could go on and on. The best way is to start practicing the art of content and you’ll get ideas on what makes sense for your brand and where you should re-publish your content.
Keep these three things in mind before you publish a blog and you will see a better return on your content investment. If you need help writing a marketing or content plan, check out this post (link to relevant post) or give us a call – we’re ready and waiting to DASH in to help.
Need help writing a plan? At DASH, that’s one of our specialties. Give us a call for help!
DASH Content Co.
Marketing, Strategy, Design, UGC and Content
115 NW Oregon Ave, #7, Bend OR 97703
Monday - Thursday 9am - 4pm
Reach out anytime and we'll get back to you!
Sign up to get Dash Notes
Our marketing trends and tips newsletter: