2023 Email Marketing Predictions
by Darlene Veenhuizen
Email marketing is one of the best ways to reaching and engaging with customers, and it is likely to remain an important tool in the digital marketing arsenal in 2023 and beyond. Email marketing is something we always recommend to clients to consider, and it’s frequently underutilized.
If you are wondering if email marketing is right for your business, reach out to us and let’s discuss why it could mean more sales, better engagement, and higher customer retention.
With as great as email marketing is, there’s still opportunity for change. Here’s how we predict the email marketing landscape is likely to evolve in the coming year:
Key predictions for the future of email marketing:
1. Email marketing and social media marketing will go hand and hand in 2023. There will me more of a reliance on organic, authentic engagement, and less and less success with digital ads. Put money into growing your list! Consumers need to see something 7-20 times before it actually stays in their memory, so that means using messages on social or promoting campaigns and also sending that campaign to your email list is essential to increase message recognition.
2. Increased personalization: This is more than just adding in a first name tag. This is about targeting email subscribers using big data and advanced analytics information on preferences, interests, and behavior. Email marketing will be used to send automated, pre-set up emails that are set to go out to customers based on purchase behavior and other preferences. Jump on this – it works and helps increase sales while you sleep.
3. The rise of interactive emails: Traditional email marketing campaigns typically consist of a static message sent to a large group of recipients. In 2023, we can expect to see more businesses using interactive email formats that allow recipients to take action directly from within the email, such as filling out a survey or making a purchase. Services like Flodesk also use checkout features, so customers can make purchases right from their email.
4. The rise of AI and automation: Artificial intelligence and automation technologies are becoming increasingly sophisticated and affordable, making them accessible to businesses of all sizes. In 2023, we can expect to see more businesses using AI and automation tools to manage their email marketing efforts, including segmenting their email lists, scheduling campaigns, and analyzing results. We talked about using AI in Social Media and with content writing as well! It’s here to stay.
5. The importance of GDPR compliance: The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a set of laws that regulate the collection and use of personal data within the European Union (EU). In 2023, businesses will need to ensure that their email marketing practices are compliant with GDPR in order to avoid penalties and maintain the trust of their customers.
2023 should be your year to start email marketing – it can really do a lot for your business! Schedule a call with DASH and see how we can help you with getting more sales and better engagement through email marketing.
DASH Content Co.
Marketing, Strategy, Design, UGC and Content
115 NW Oregon Ave, #7, Bend OR 97703
Monday - Thursday 9am - 4pm
Reach out anytime and we'll get back to you!
Sign up to get Dash Notes
Our marketing trends and tips newsletter: